Why Is It So Important to Treat for Mold Spores?

Why Is It So Important to Treat for Mold Spores?

Why Is It So Important to Treat for Mold Spores?

Have you scrubbed away the last vestiges of visible surface mold and think you’re in the clear? Not so fast! The NYC mold removal professionals at Stern want you to understand why this may be the tip of the mold-cleaning iceberg.

A Hidden Menace
Mold is challenging to eliminate due not only to its common prevalence, but its ability to grow in every hard to reach nook-and-cranny of your home – from wall cracks to carpet fibers, and the backside of tile and wallpaper. Common household cleaners and bleach are not enough to kill mold spores, they only slow their development for a short time, masking mold problems. Fungicides can help, but mold problems will only end when no hidden, dormant spores remain.

The Importance of Treatment
Treating for spores and eliminating moisture sources, rather than simply removing visible evidence of mold, are essential to kicking mold to the curb for good. Invisible to the naked eye and smaller than a single strand of hair, mold spores don’t simply die with time, but remain dormant, lurking in the shadows until conditions are favorable for their return. Spreading easily, they can quickly contaminate other areas of your home, creating more damage with each passing day.

Dormant & Dangerous
Even dormant, musty odors and associated health issues will persist, ranging from itchy, runny eyes to allergic reactions and upper respiratory symptoms including coughing and wheezing with exposure to spores.

Tracking Down Hidden Spores
The NYC mold removal experts at Stern Mold have the equipment and experience to track-down and eliminate hidden mold. Contact us to learn more about our highly effective, non-toxic mold removal process today.

Share This:

Could Mold be at the Root of Your Strange Symptoms? Part Two

Could Mold be at the Root of Your Strange Symptoms?

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states there are currently no established standards for safe or unsafe levels of indoor mold spores. Regardless of where you live, you are at risk for exposure to indoor mold. Leaky plumbing, water intrusion, and high humidity can all lead to mold growth. Be informed about mold and your health.

Old and new buildings have mold

Commercial buildings, offices, and schools often have mold. Older buildings have higher maintenance costs and some needed roof repairs or plumbing issues may be neglected. If an issue with mold is noticed, building owners may attempt partial fixes or spotty treatment. They may think they are saving money by not calling a mold professional, but they are actually just allowing the mold to continue thriving. If the conditions conducive to mold growth remain, mold continues growing and spreading.

New homes and commercial buildings are built tighter than older buildings to hold in heat during the winter and maintain a comfortable temperature during summer. A tight building with high humidity and inadequate ventilation is the ideal environment for mold growth. People often do not suspect a newer building could have mold or indoor pollution, but it is a common occurrence.

Treating mold exposure

A doctor who specializes in mold related illnesses can advise you on available tests for identifying mold antigens in humans. The first step to treating mold-related illness is to avoid any further exposure to the indoor mold spores. The MoldExterm treatment method is guaranteed, affordable, and does not create a mess like traditional mold remediation methods. Contacts us today for more information and don’t take chances with mold and your health.

Share This:

Could Mold be at the Root of Your Strange Symptoms? Part One

Could Mold be at the Root of Your Strange Symptoms?

Could Mold be at the Root of Your Strange Symptoms?

Many people visit their doctor every year with symptoms that are misdiagnosed. These people continue to suffer and get even sicker. For many of them, mold exposure is the cause of their problems. Even though indoor mold is a common issue, few doctors recognize the symptoms of mold-related illnesses and can advise you about mold and your health.

The top symptoms of mold-related illness

Mold spores affect people differently. People who are highly sensitive to mold spores will almost immediately begin to experience eye irritation, running nose, difficulty concentrating, and shortness of breath. The symptoms can easily be mistaken for an allergic reaction to pollen, dust, pet dander, or cigarette smoke.

People not highly sensitive to mold may develop symptoms over time. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) report that ongoing exposure to high levels of indoor mold spores can lead to asthma and upper respiratory problems in previously healthy people. The symptoms of mold-related illness may manifest as feelings of fatigue, frequent headaches, flu-like symptoms, and stiffness in joints.

Get a professional mold inspection

Mold spores are too small to be seen with the human eye and are inhaled deeply into the lungs. There are well over 100,000 different types of mold. Some molds secrete mycotoxins that can lead to serious health problems like immune dysfunction, neurological issues, cognitive decline, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder.

The MoldExterm method is a quick, affordable, and effective solution. We have been serving commercial and residential clients in New York City and New Jersey since 1995. Be proactive about mold and your health. Contact us for a free mold inspection.

Share This:

Mold and Your Health – The Facts

Mold Does Impact Your Health Find Out How

Mold Does Impact Your Health Find Out How

Continued exposure to mold can lead to respiratory problems in previously healthy people. That is according to a study by the Institute of Medicine (IOM). Additionally, the World Health Organization (WHO) and other organizations have found strong evidence that early life exposure to indoor dampness and mold can lead to asthma in some children.

Some people are more sensitive to the effects of mold. However, people without a mold allergy can develop an allergy caused by ongoing exposure. Also, those with a compromised immune system are more vulnerable to respiratory infections and other serious health problems from mold spores.

Things to know about mold and your health

People with a sensitivity to mold will most likely react quickly to mold exposure but they may not realize mold is the source of their problems because the symptoms of a mold allergy are similar to seasonal or pet allergies. Even though mold is a common issue for homes, businesses, and schools, most doctors are unfamiliar with mold-related illnesses.

Misdiagnosis leads to ongoing suffering and potentially more serious health problems. Interventions that improve indoor air quality can prevent morbidity and respiratory illnesses that are brought on by mold exposure. A certified mold professional can conduct a thorough inspection and advise you of the extent of any existing mold problem.

A quick and effective solution

You should not gamble with mold and your health. The MoldExterm method is fast, affordable, effective, and does not create the mess of traditional mold remediation methods. Contact the mold experts at Stern Mold today for a free inspection and more information on our remediation guarantee.

Share This:

What Every Person Needs to Know About Mold and Exposure to Mold Spores

What Every Person Needs to Know About Mold and Exposure to Mold Spores

What Every Person Needs to Know About Mold and Exposure to Mold Spores

Indoor mold spores have been linked to a wide range of health problems. Because the spores are so small, they can be inhaled deeply into the lungs. People who did not have an allergy to mold previously can develop an allergy to mold after continued exposure to mold spores. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that exposure to mold can lead to asthma and other respiratory ailments in otherwise healthy individuals.

Mold and your health

Although there are over 100,000 different types of mold, there are currently no EPA or government standards for acceptable levels of indoor mold spores. Some molds produce toxic substances known as mycotoxins. Exposure to these mycotoxins can lead to serious problems like pulmonary hemorrhage or memory loss.

Differentiating the toxic molds from other types requires a trained professional. Even non-toxic molds can cause serious health problems for people with compromised immune systems. People with an allergy to mold will experience stuffy nose, shortness of breath, and eye irritation when exposed to mold.

A simple solution is available

The best way to prevent mold growth indoors is to control moisture levels. Unfortunately, water intrusion problems, plumbing leaks, and high humidity are common in many homes, commercial buildings, and schools. Be proactive about mold and your health. Contact a NORMI-certified mold professional for a thorough mold inspection.

If you have mold, the MoldExterm method is a faster, less-costly, and more effective solution than traditional mold remediation. If you already have a written remediation estimate from a certified mold removal company, we will beat their price by 20 percent and provide up to a five-year guarantee on our work.

Share This:

« Older Entries