What Every Person Needs to Know About Mold and Exposure to Mold Spores
Indoor mold spores have been linked to a wide range of health problems. Because the spores are so small, they can be inhaled deeply into the lungs. People who did not have an allergy to mold previously can develop an allergy to mold after continued exposure to mold spores. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that exposure to mold can lead to asthma and other respiratory ailments in otherwise healthy individuals.
Mold and your health
Although there are over 100,000 different types of mold, there are currently no EPA or government standards for acceptable levels of indoor mold spores. Some molds produce toxic substances known as mycotoxins. Exposure to these mycotoxins can lead to serious problems like pulmonary hemorrhage or memory loss.
Differentiating the toxic molds from other types requires a trained professional. Even non-toxic molds can cause serious health problems for people with compromised immune systems. People with an allergy to mold will experience stuffy nose, shortness of breath, and eye irritation when exposed to mold.
A simple solution is available
The best way to prevent mold growth indoors is to control moisture levels. Unfortunately, water intrusion problems, plumbing leaks, and high humidity are common in many homes, commercial buildings, and schools. Be proactive about mold and your health. Contact a NORMI-certified mold professional for a thorough mold inspection.
If you have mold, the MoldExterm method is a faster, less-costly, and more effective solution than traditional mold remediation. If you already have a written remediation estimate from a certified mold removal company, we will beat their price by 20 percent and provide up to a five-year guarantee on our work.