You might assume that you really don’t have to worry about mold growth in your home during the winter months. After all, it’s cold outside, it’s dry, and the environment really isn’t suitable for mold. The fact is that you probably keep your home nice and warm because the weather calls for it. That presents the perfect environment for mold to begin and grow strong. When it comes to mold removal in NYC, we have the inside scoop on this problem and what you can do to prevent it.
Preventing Mold in the Winter
There are several preventative measures you can take to guard your home against mold growth. These include:
– Keeping humidity levels below 40% in your home. You may want to be careful with using humidifiers.
– Clean and vacuum your home regularly.
– Know which areas of your home are likely to grow mold and check them regularly. This will ensure that you’re able to head off any potential problems.
– Don’t use wall to wall carpet in areas that are likely to produce mold.
– Don’t store books, clothing or paper in the humid areas of your home. They serve as a source of food for mold.
What if You Develop a Mold Problem Anyway?
Sometimes, no matter what you do, you’re going to experience a mold issue. When it comes to mold removal NYC professionals are here to help you. At Stern Mold, our treatments are designed to be quick and effective. We also offer a free inspection to assess how bad your mold problem might be.
The fact is that mold poses health risks for your family. Contact us today for quick assistance.