Mold on Walls – Everything You Need to Know
Are health-damaging fungi infiltrating the very walls of your home? If you’ve developed irregular health issues lately, a mold problem could be the cause. Stern Mold’s Manhattan mold removal experts have the resources and know-how to keep mold from infiltrating your safe haven. We help you stay informed so fungus doesn’t pose a threat to you or your loved ones.
Mold Growth- It’s Not a Feature Wall
Can you see mold on your walls? Here are some signs to look for to determine if a Manhattan mold removal team needs to visit your home:
– A moldy scent in the air.
– Abnormal allergic reactions.
– Paint on walls that is cracking, peeling or chipping.
– Bulging and discolored walls. These are signs that moisture is either on the wall or hiding behind in areas not exposed to the natural air flow.
– High humidity in the room. Mold loves humidity. Just because you aren’t experiencing or seeing all the symptoms of mold growth doesn’t mean it’s not occurring behind closed walls.
What Type of Wall Do You Have?
Treatment options for mold depend on the area in which it grows. Visible non-porous mold on interior walls may be less intrusive to eradicate. If your cellulose-rich drywall is impacted, cutting out the mold infested drywall is necessary.
Wallpaper glue and wall cavities produce organic materials that mold love to feed on. Be wary of potential hiding places and thoroughly address any water leaks that encourage mold growth.
Keep in Touch!
Stern Mold’s Manhattan mold removal team finds and eradicates mold-affected walls, keeping you safe from long-term health issues and concerns. Get your free inspection today. We’ll help you breathe easier!