Yes, You Can Get Sick from Exposure to Mold in Your Co-Op
Mold is everywhere. It is a low-lying threat to residential dwellers and business owners and their employees. Have you noticed a trend in your workplace? Are dedicated employees reluctantly calling in sick? Your Co-Op could be undergoing a silent attack.
Mold grows and thrives in moist areas. Our NJ climate is rich with moisture and frequent high humidity levels. If you’ve noticed co-workers or yourself struggling with irregular symptoms, perpetual colds or other debilitating illnesses, mold exposure may have already occurred. Our NJ mold remediation team can help your Co-op crew run smoothly again.
Tips to Get Back in Tip Top Co-Op Shape
Besides scheduling a free inspection with our local NJ mold remediation experts, you can take a proactive stance to improve the workplace environment. Here are some simple adjustments you can make to prevent mold from affecting the day-to-day:
– Invest in a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers suck out the moisture and help prevent more mold growth in the future.
– Take the heat for the heating bill. A warm office during cold weather is less likely to allow moisture to form on inside surfaces.
– Insulate against the cold. Adding insulation reduces condensation which is a favorite breeding place for mold spores.
– Keep the air circulation flowing. Stagnant air is great for mold but horrible for mold-sensitive or asthmatic employees. Simply open doors between rooms to keep the flow of air from lingering in one place for too long.
– Check and repair leaks. Leaks can be costly to fix, but the health concerns that can arise from mold exposure can be much more costly long-term.
Contact Stern Mold today! We work hard so you can keep working!