What to Know About Mold Bio-aerosols?
Just like airborne viruses, pet dander, and poisons used in bioterrorism attacks, mold is considered a bio-aerosol. Tiny living particles found in indoor air have the potential to cause illness.
contain mycotoxins that enter our breathing passages where they cause respiratory disease, inflammation, or worse.
If you live or work in a building with mold, take steps to reduce the humidity levels and get an NYC mold removal team to disinfect and block mold growth.
Bio-Aerosols Make Mold Dangerous
Whether mold causes disease or illness depends on a variety of factors. Infants and people with weak immune systems are at high risk, but anyone is susceptible. The right combination of bio-aerosol toxins, poor ventilation, and humidity can send particles of mold, bacteria, and viruses into the air.
Researchers have found that water leaks and high humidity are the primary causes of indoor mold. Dormant mold spores can sit below surfaces without necessarily causing illness. Moisture causes the spores to proliferate and enter the air—making their mycotoxins a dangerous bio-aerosol.
Reducing and Preventing Bio-Aerosols Indoors
Micro-organisms such as mold will always exist around us. The goal should be to remedy an infestation and control humidity to avoid prolonged or acute exposures to mold bio-aerosols.
The MoldExterm system for NYC mold removal takes a three-pronged approach:
• Kill mold spores and clean surfaces with an EPA-registered anti-microbial.
• Seal surfaces to prevent bio-aerosols and repel mold from taking hold again.
• Inform building tenants of ways to reduce humidity and install dehumidifiers if needed.
Are people in your building suffering from asthma, dizziness, stomach pain, rashes, or other symptoms of mold exposure? If so, call 888-887-8376 to get a free inspection and quote for our affordable, guaranteed NYC mold removal.