Welcome back to the third part of our blog post series about the top questions people ask about mold. We’ve already covered several of them, and this post will complete the series.
Mold is dangerous, and it can lead to serious health issues when it’s ignored. Let’s go over a few more questions people have about mold and NYC mold removal.
1. What are the best ways to control moisture in your home?
There are many things that you can do to control moisture in your home and prevent mold from growing. You can:
• Inspect your home for leaks and fix them right away.
• Use dehumidifiers and air conditioners whenever you can.
• Make sure your exhaust fans and your dryer vent are pointed outside.
2. Can bleach be used to clean up mold?
Bleach is often the go-to solution for people with mold problems. But most professionals do not recommend it; although they might use it if someone living in the home has a compromised immune system.
3. How do you know if you need a professional NYC mold removal service?
Most people think that they can simply take care of their mold issues themselves, and while some can, most cannot. This is simply because they’re unable to get a real grasp on the scope of the problem.
It’s always a good idea to talk with an NYC mold removal specialist prior to attempting to remove mold yourself. We offer a free inspection so take advantage of our expertise. Contact us!