Five Things the EPA Wants You To Know About Mold – Part One
Awareness about the need for Manhattan mold removal has grown, but how do you separate fact from fiction? Let the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) remove some of the confusion with this informative list of things you should know about mold.
Five Facts About Interior Mold
1. With mold spores constantly circulating throughout indoor air, it’s impossible to eliminate all exposure. Moisture is the key element for mold growth, so the practical solution is to limit its development by controlling high humidity levels, leaky pipes and other sources of interior dampness.
2. Mold remediation is a two-step process. You must clean up all all visible signs of infestation and reduce excess moisture.
3. If you find any leaks or flooding in your home or building, repair the problem immediately.
4. Poor air circulation can lead to excessive levels of humidity.
Ways to control humidity include:
* Installing proper ventilation for bathrooms, clothes dryers and other sources of moisture
* Regular use of air conditioners and dehumidifiers
* Using exhaust fans in the kitchen
5. Prolonged exposure to mold carries a health risk, especially for children, the elderly and people with pre-existing respiratory or immune conditions. Primary symptoms are upper respiratory allergic reactions such as sneezing, coughing and irritated eyes.
Prompt and Effective Manhattan Mold Removal
Our proprietary MoldExterm program uses eco-friendly, non-intrusive methods to remove mold infestations and prevent future growth. Contact Stern Mold to schedule an inspection and treatment recommendation from our friendly Manhattan mold removal experts.