Tips for Stopping Winter Home Interior Mold Growth
Many plants and other organisms go dormant in the winter, but our Manhattan mold removal team doesn’t get any breaks. Keep mold from infesting your home during cold weather months with these helpful tips.
Tips for Preventing Interior Mold Growth During Winter
• When warm air comes into contact with cold surfaces, it results in condensation, which creates moisture for mold spores to grow. Use fans and vents to keep air circulating throughout the home. A dehumidifier also reduces the amount of moisture in the air.
• Regularly inspect your home for leaks and broken pipes. Pay special attention to hidden areas under sinks and in the basement. Repair any damages immediately.
• Organic materials such as paper and fabric feed mold growth. Be careful to store these items in well-ventilated areas away from walls and windows.
• Carpeting is another common place for mold infestations. If possible, install laminate flooring around entryways to prevent tracking water indoors. Vacuum carpets frequently, keeping an eye out for signs of mold.
• Bathrooms are particularly vulnerable to mold. Keep surfaces clean to limit opportunities for mold to develop.
• If you do discover mold, removing it isn’t enough. You need to treat the conditions that allowed mold to develop in the first place, so it doesn’t return.
Year-Round Manhattan Mold Removal Services from Stern Mold
Our two-step MoldExterm program effectively removes mold and prevents future recurrences. Contact us to schedule a free inspection and consultation from our professionally trained Manhattan mold removal experts.