How Do You Reduce Mold Spores in the Air?
Microscopic mold spores are constantly floating in the air, making mold infestations an ever-present threat. Our NYC mold removal experts offer helpful tips on reducing mold spores as well as excess moisture enabling their growth.
Tips to Reduce Mold Spores and Excess Moisture
• Mold colonies generate mold spores. Use a mold removal product to eliminate visual signs of infestation. If the affected area is more than a small patch, contact our NYC mold removal team for effective elimination.
• Install air purifiers with HEPA filters capable of capturing more than 99 percent of particles. Place one in each room of your home for maximum results.
• Add HEPA filters to air conditioners and windows to keep external mold spores from entering your home.
• Basements, kitchens and bathrooms are the areas most vulnerable to mold. Keep these rooms as dry as possible, making sure they’re well-ventilated. Check regularly for broken or leaky pipes and repair them immediately.
• Leaves and other debris accumulating in gutters can lead to mold being carried into your home. Clean and inspect gutters often, especially after rainstorms.
• Use dehumidifiers to reduce moisture content in the air. Set the dehumidifiers at 50 percent or lower.
• Place wet clothing and shoes outdoors to dry. Leave them in an area with good circulation and check for mold before bringing the items back indoors.
Two-Step NYC Mold Removal from Stern Mold