Find Out How to Report Mold Found in Your Workplace
Mold problems aren’t limited to residential buildings. Any structure with organic materials and moisture can be a breeding ground for mold infestations. Our NYC mold removal experts offer helpful tips on reporting mold found in your workplace.
How to Report Mold in the Workplace
• Notify your manager or supervisor as soon as you discover signs of mold. Send it via email so your report is documented.
• Lead off by stating where and when you first saw mold and approximately how large of an area it covered.
• Include details about the location, including signs of moisture or water damage such as condensation, leaky pipes, dark surface stains or structural damage.
• If you don’t receive a response to your email within a couple of days, have a follow-up conversation with your manager or supervisor. Contact the human resources department or a higher-ranking manager if no action is taken.
• The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards call for wet materials to be thoroughly dried and cleaned with 24 to 48 hours after a flood or other event involving water. Remind management of this recommendation if the workplace sustains any water damage.
• If your company fails to address a mold issue, contact the local OSHA office.
Stern Mold: The Leader in Residential and Commercial NYC Mold Removal