You’ve read stories about problems with interior mold, but how do you know when it’s a problem in your own home? Our NYC mold removal experts share the top signs that should alert you to the presence of indoor mold.
Visible Mold Patches
Visible growth is the most common and easily detectable sign of mold. But if you do spot surface mold anywhere in your home, don’t assume that’s the extent of it. Chances are more mold exists in hidden areas.
Damp, Musty Odor
There’s no mistaking the damp, pungent smell of indoor mold. That odor doesn’t occur in “healthy” homes, so don’t assume you can cover it up with air freshener and call it good.
Water Leaks and Flooding
Water is the key to mold growth, so leaky pipes and roofs create ideal conditions for spores to grow and multiply. If your home has experienced flooding due to broken pipes, bad weather or other mishaps, assume that mold will develop and contact our NYC mold removal team for treatment.
Prolonged exposure to mold can trigger allergic reactions, even in people with no previous history of allergies. If you or members of your family experience symptoms such as coughing, sneezing and watery eyes, it could be due to indoor mold, especially if symptoms subside when you’re away from home.
Effective and Eco-Friendly NYC Mold Removal