Bathroom Mold? When Can You Clean and When Do You Need a Professional
Moisture is vital to mold development, making bathrooms a prime spot for infestations. When is DIY cleaning sufficient and when is professional NYC mold removal required? Here’s a guide to prevention and control of bathroom mold.
Preventing Bathroom Mold
Mold is a common problem in bathrooms, but it doesn’t require leaky pipes or other damage. Everyday bathing and showering creates a moisture level sufficient to promote mold growth.
• Install and use a ventilation fan. Keep it running for 30 minutes after a shower or bath.
• Purchase a mildew-resistant shower curtain.
• Avoid storing toys, loofahs and other items in the shower.
• Wash towels and bathroom rugs frequently.
• Periodically check hidden spaces such as underneath sinks and inside cabinets.
Cleaning Mold Growth
Take action as soon as you discover signs of mold to prevent further spread throughout the bathroom or into other rooms.
• Use cleaning products containing bleach, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide or other mold-killing ingredients. Apply separately, as mixing products can result in toxic reactions.
• Keep doors and windows open while cleaning so fresh air will help remove moisture.
• Remove and replace mold-infested caulking or sealant.
• Seek professional NYC mold removal if the affected area is larger than 10 square feet or if mold has penetrated walls and insulation.
Stern Mold: Effective NYC Mold Removal for Homes and Businesses
Our proprietary MoldExterm program is a cost-effective and eco-friendly solution for the toughest mold problems. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection and consultation with our experienced technicians.