Hotels rely on word-of-mouth and repeat guests to keep a steady stream of business. Few things will hurt a hotel’s reputation more than the presence of mold. Here’s a look at why New Jersey mold removal should be a priority for all hotels.
Mold Risk Factors in Hotels
• Guests are constantly adjusting in-room air conditioning units for their own comfort. Along with controlling temperature, air conditioning creates condensation that forms a breeding ground for mold.
• Wallpaper and carpeting, elements of just about every hotel room, trap moisture and provide organic nutrients mold loves to feed on.
• Hotels require a large water supply system, increasing the possibility of leaks, burst pipes and flooding.
Tips to Control Mold Growth
• A high-quality professional housekeeping staff is a must for any hotel. Employees should be thoroughly trained to recognize signs of mold and report them promptly to their supervisor.
• Turn off air conditioning in any unoccupied rooms.
• Reduce condensation by insulating partition walls.
• Be respectful and courteous if a guest reports a mold issue. Do everything possible to place them in more suitable accommodations. Exceptional customer service goes a long way toward maintaining the good will of guests.
Experienced New Jersey Mold Removal for Businesses
Traditional mold remediation can disrupt your business for days, even weeks. Our proprietary MoldExterm program is non-intrusive, eco-friendly and cost-effective. Contact Stern Mold to schedule a free inspection and consultation by members of our friendly and knowledgeable technicians.