Guest Sues Hotel Chain for Mold Exposure
An Unpleasant Surprise
After DeAnna Kron checked into her room at the Quality Inn in Mankato, MN, she discovered mold underneath peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. In addition, mold particles had dispersed on towels as well as the floor and toilet.
When Kron reported her discovery to the front desk staff, they allegedly replied that maintenance wouldn’t be able to address the situation until the following Monday. A discussion with a regional corporate manager yielded no satisfaction, so Kron contacted the state health inspector.
He Said, She Said
Dave Reimann, an environmental health specialist with the Minnesota Department of Health, responded to Kron’s call and confirmed the presence of mold in her hotel room. Reimann noted he had performed an annual inspection four months earlier and the wallpaper was peeling, but there were no signs of mold at the time.
On behalf of the hotel, manager Prince Shergill says Kron was offered an upgrade to a suite, which she denies. Kron also says she began suffering from a sore throat and cough. It was expected that confirmation of mold as the cause of her illness could take several weeks.
Effective New Jersey Mold Removal for Commercial Buildings
Don’t put your business and your customers at risk. Contact Stern Mold to schedule a free inspection from our experienced technicians.