National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Weighs in on Mold and Dampness in Buildings

Don't Let Your Workplace Be Toxic!

Don’t Let Your Workplace Be Toxic!

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns that people with asthma or hypersensitivity pneumonitis may develop a more serious disease if they are exposed to mold and dampness in a building on an ongoing basis. That and other information about preventing occupational respiratory diseases from exposure to mold is in an alert issued by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).

Protect the health of your employees

Some business owners might postpone taking corrective action because they think NJ mold removal will cost a lot of money and require their business to shut down for a long time. However, allowing dampness and mold to remain in your building puts the health of your employees at risk.

High indoor humidity, minor roof leaks, or window leaks can lead to mold, fungi, and bacteria. According to NIOSH, mold can adapt to different moisture conditions. The report goes on to say that studies have found when otherwise healthy people are continuously exposed to dampness and mold in buildings they can develop asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, bronchitis, and respiratory infections.

Legal requirements for employers

A survey of office workers in Britain found that 70 percent of them believe their workplace has indoor air pollution. American companies are required by the General Duty Clause of the OSH Act to maintain a safe workplace for employees and correct any known issues that could lead to serious illness, injury, or death.

Contact the mold experts at Stern Mold to put your mind at ease and prevent illnesses from mold and dampness inside your building. The MoldExterm method is quicker, cleaner, and less costly than traditional NJ mold removal methods.

Share This: