The chilly New Jersey winter season is here. While temperatures are freezing, you could be tucked away snug in your home content to ride out the weather. Everything may seem right in your world, but unknowingly you may be in the company of some unwanted guests!
Mold spores love moisture and warm air. Cold temperatures, moisture-laden air, and heat breed mold, so mold spores could be growing in your home right now. The cozy, tranquil interior of your home could be filled with the discordant cacophony of continuous coughing because mold only lays dormant until moisture comes around.
Stern Mold’s Manhattan mold removal team won’t rest until your life-disrupting mold is gone!
Manhattan Mold Removal Team’s Go-To Tips
Mold spores don’t take a winter vacation. Mold can be troublesome in winter because mold irritants trigger symptoms similar to cold or flu viruses. How do you know if you are experiencing a virus or the effects of mold? Prolonged symptoms of throat irritation, sinus issues, rashes or other debilitating health concerns may hint at mold spores existing in your home. Here are a few tips to help keep your home mold-free:
– Monitor the humidity level in your home. High humidity is a mold haven.
– Regularly vacuum and clean your home.
– Cover crawl spaces with polyethylene plastic.
– Make sure gutters and downspouts keep water flowing away from your foundation.
– Keep materials that mold spores feed on, such as books or clothing, away from walls and out of areas that have high humidity.
The Manhattan mold removal team at Stern Mold will help your home stay mold-free! Click here to set up a mold inspection appointment today!