Your NYC mold removal specialists want you to stay informed about toxic mold, and here is something interesting to think about. Toxic mold exposure.
What is Toxic Mold Exposure Like?
Unfortunately, toxic mold exposure resembles several other respiratory problems like allergies, colds, sinus infections, asthma and others. That’s why it may be one of the more difficult illnesses to diagnose.
Some of the signs might be:
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus problems
- Red eyes
- Blurred vision
- Light sensitivity
Those symptoms are some of the most common results of toxic mold exposure, but as you can see, they are also symptoms of various kinds of upper respiratory illnesses as well.
There are other ways to tell, and here are a few:
- Has your building or home been recently flooded?
- Are you being exposed to musty air?
- Is there noticeable water damage in any room, particularly the bathroom and/or laundry room?
- Do your symptoms worsen on days with rain?
- Are you getting treatment from a doctor for an upper respiratory illness, but it never seems to go away?
- Do you have skin rashes for no apparent reason?
Once again, these are potentially common problems with various types of respiratory illnesses, but if you are experiencing symptoms and problems from both of these lists at the same time, you could be suffering from toxic mold exposure.
If you see any black mold in your house, home or apartment, or you are experiencing upper respiratory problems that never seem to go away, call your NYC mold removal specialist, Stern Mold, for a free mold inspection. Serving the NY and NJ areas for nearly 25 years.