Condos and co-ops can be just as susceptible to mold problems as single-family houses. Is your home in need of New Jersey mold removal? Use these helpful mold detection tips to track down the symptoms.
Mold Detection Tips for Condos and Co-ops
• Your eyes are still the best tool for finding mold infestations. In addition to obvious signs such as furry-looking black, white, green or gray surface spots, watch for bubbles or other deformities on walls that can indicate mold behind the paint.
• Does your condo or co-op have a damp, musty smell that persists even after thorough cleaning? Mold has a distinctive odor that can alert you to its presence in hidden areas.
• Flooding creates optimum conditions for mold growth. No matter how quickly the water is removed, the affected building materials retain a certain amount of dampness for mold spores to feed on.
• Windows that fog up frequently are an indication of high humidity levels. Investigate to find the source of the excess moisture and check for mold development.
• Despite your best efforts, mold can be lurking in undetectable places. An experienced mold inspector has the know-how and equipment to find mold, even when or where you may least expect it.
Stern Mold: Effective New Jersey Mold Removal for Condos and Co-ops