Mycotoxin Information for Manhattan Building Managers – Part Two
Do you regularly have your building inspected for mold? If you discover a need for Manhattan or NJ mold treatment, you should be informed regarding the dangers of mycotoxins in order to protect residents, employees and customers.
Mycotoxins in the News
During the 1990s, as more was learned about the health risks of mycotoxins, a number of high-profile toxic mold settlements raised public awareness. Even expensive celebrity homes were not immune from mold damage and mycotoxins.
The Center of Integrative Toxicology at Michigan State University conducted a study regarding damp building-related illness (DBRI), where it was discovered that Stachybotrys is possibly a contributing factor. Animal testing has demonstrated that sensitivity to S. chartarum can produce inflammation and allergic symptoms of the upper and lower respiratory tracts.
How Does Mycotoxin Exposure Affect Humans?
There are some “good” mycotoxins that affect other fungi or bacteria, with penicillin being the most well-known example. With humans, the most common reactions to mycotoxin are respiratory allergies and inflammation and weakened immune systems. Scientists are also finding a possible connection between mycotoxin exposure and neurological damage.
Mycotoxicosis is the general term for poisoning from exposure to mycotoxins. Oral ingestion, skin contact and inhalation are the avenues through which mycotoxins enter the body, where they circulate via the bloodstream and lymphatic system.
Stern Mold: Effective Manhattan and NJ Mold Treatment
Mold exposure is nothing you should leave to chance. Our professionally trained technicians usually complete our non-toxic MoldExterm treatment in one day, with no removal of building materials and minimum interruption to your routine.
Call 888.887.8376 to schedule a free mold inspection of your home or building.