How to Prevent Mold After a Basement Flood
A flood can be devastating to your peace of mind, your property and your budget for many reasons. You may not be able to control flooding, but you can do something to prevent flooding from causing more unseen damage. Excessive water damages homes and businesses, but what can form after the water recedes can be even more dangerous.
Mold spores love moist walls, soaked sheetrock, and other vulnerable structural materials. Our Stern Mold Manhattan mold remediation process can help return that valuable peace of mind that floods wash away. Trusted skilled mold removal professionals in your area can solve the problems that arise after mold decides to call your home theirs.
It’s All About Removal
After flooding, removal is key to solving mold growth issues. Remove these items in your home to keep mold at bay and to protect your property:
– Move out any household items that are dry. This action can prevent your belongings from coming in contact with unhealthy mold spores. It also helps make the cleaning and mold removal process easier.
– Get rid of the water. First, ensure that it’s advisable to do so. It may be best to consult your local Manhattan Mold Remediation professionals first to determine your next move.)
– Wet carpets need to go. Carpet padding is a cesspool for mold spores.
– Cut out the drywall that has water damage. Mold growth burgeons in cavities and nooks.
– Wet insulation needs to be extracted. Insulation can be contaminated by moisture and produce mold.
Stern Mold believes there can be peace of mind after a flood! Let our Manhattan Mold Remediation team help you prevent mold from affecting your home life.